Every vote matters in this election. The volatility in the polling numbers tells us that voters are listening, learning, and evaluating. Nothing is a done deal. Every conversation we have, every leaflet and poster we hand out, every door or window sign on display -- is making a difference. We need to mobilize the vote among younger voters, workers in minimum wage jobs, newcomer communities, women, and more.
That's why we're excited to let you know that we have wonderful new materials ready to go, to remind workers they can change the course of history with this election if we vote for candidates who support a $15 minimum wage and decent work for all!
- To view and download the large size Your Vote Counts poster, click here. (A letter size version is also on the website.)
- To view and download the large size June 16 Rally for Decent Work poster, click here. (A letter size version is also on the website.)
- For the leaflet combo (Your Vote Counts on one side, June 16 Rally on the other), click here.
ASK YOUR CANDIDATE TO TAKE THE PLEDGE
We need more Decent Work Champions! Please invite your local candidates to sign the pledge. Click here and share the URL.
SHARE THIS IMPORTANT VIDEO
Don't forget to share this important video produced by RankandFile.ca that helps explain why a $15 minimum wage is a better deal than Doug Ford's tax cut.
VOTE IN THE ADVANCE POLLS
By voting early, we can concentrate on mobilizing support for $15 and Fairness right up to the last minute. To learn how to vote in advance polls, visit Elections Ontario here.
ORDER A DOOR OR LAWN SIGN
Our signs will live on long after the June 7 election, so don't hesitate to order your window or lawn sign. If you have more space, consider ordering a banner to show the world we are proud to support a $15 minimum wage and decent work for all! To place your order, click here. We won't give up until every worker earns at least $15 and has fairness in the workplace.
HELP US DO SOME PHONE-BANKING
If you can assemble a team of 3 or 4 people, we can help you organize a phone banking blitz to connect with $15 and Fairness supporters near you. Once you have your team, email us at info@15andFairness.org to let us know you're ready to go.
Several phone-banks are already being hosted, to see them and join one, click here.
MOMENTUM GROWS FOR JUNE 16 DECENT WORK RALLY
More than ever we need to stay mobilized after the June 7 election to show any new government that Ontario expects and demands decent work. We have an incredible line-up of speakers already confirmed for the June 16 Rally for Decent Work (sign up to attend here)!
- Naomi Klein, author of No Is Not Enough: Resisting the New Shock Politics and co-author of Canada’s Leap Manifesto
- Chris Buckley, president, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Sandy Hudson, co-founder, Black Lives Matter Toronto
- Dr. Ritika Goel, member, Decent Work and Health Network & OHIP for All
- Gobinder Singh Randhawa, chair, Ontario Sikh and Gurudwara Council
We also know there are several buses already in the works to bring in folks from outside and inside Toronto - sign up for the rally to receive updates on the buses. If you can't travel to Toronto, organize a local action. As a reminder, please send us any deets of local actions through this form: click here.
CALLING ALL CONTRACT COLLEGE FACULTY
- Learn about your rights to equal pay for equal work
- Ask questions about how to ensure your rights are respected
- Create strategies for enforcing your rights, both individually and as part of a larger group
- Hear what supports and resources your college's faculty union local can provide to assist you
- Be part of an historic campaign to win equal pay for contract faculty
To RSVP and invite your colleagues and co-workers, click here.
JOIN AN UPCOMING EVENT
Be sure to use #15andFairness in your tweets, alongside #ONElxn #ONPoli or other relevant hashtags. Help us spread the word by retweeting the best of #15andFairness.
HELP US FINANCIALLY
The demand for materials - signs, posters, leaflets - is fantastic! But we need way more resources to help pay for it all. Please consider making a donation by clicking here. No amount is too small and of course, no amount is too large. We need every penny we receive.