This election really matters.
Doug Ford said he will cancel the upcoming $15 minimum wage if he becomes premier. We can't let that happen. Polls suggest the Ontario NDP is running neck and neck with Doug Ford's Conservatives.
To win, Doug Ford and his business lobbyist friends hope that those of us who need and deserve decent work won't vote.
Let's prove them wrong.
Vote as soon as you can today for candidates who've signed our Decent Work Pledge (see the list by clicking here). Then help make sure your friends, co-workers and neighbours get to the polls too. Click here to find out where to vote.
Polls are open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Your employer must grant up to three (3) hours off work without penalty if your work schedule does not allow you three consecutive hours to vote while polls are open. Learn more about your rights as a voter here.
JUNE 16: RALLY FOR DECENT WORK
No matter who forms government, we will have to face down Big Business interests if we are to protect and extend our gains.
Join the Rally for Decent Work on June 16, sign up now.
Special guests include:
- Naomi Klein, Author of No Is Not Enough: Resisting the New Shock Politics and co-author of Canada’s Leap Manifesto
- Chris Buckley, President, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Sandy Hudson, Co-founder, Black Lives Matter Toronto
- Dr. Ritika Goel, Member, Decent Work & Health Network and OHIP for All
- Gobinder Singh Randhawa, Chair, Ontario Sikh and Gurudwara Council
- and more!
Click here to RSVP and spread the word on Facebook for the Toronto Rally, or here to RSVP on our website. In the meantime, check out this 90-second video to hear why we are getting ready to demonstrate outside the Ministry of Labour on Saturday, June 16th at 1:00 PM.
Thank you for voting -- and for making $15 and Fairness a key issue in this election!