Thanks to your incredible effort, there is growing momentum for safe and healthy workplaces for all. From paid sick days to migrant justice, and from decent wages to extending CERB, your actions are making a difference.
But we can’t stop now.
Take action: Call your MP
Join us in calling your Member of Parliament (MP) to keep the pressure up (click here to take action). We need to ensure all workers receive at least $500 per week, either through EI, through income support programs, or through wages. We need to fight to ensure all workers can access these programs - and an easy way to do so is for the federal government to implement full immigration status for all.
Decisions are being made right now about what the federal government will do in the next parliament. Will you make the phone call that could change history?
Click here to call your MP now, and let them know you want them to:
- Honour the government’s promise to raise the federal minimum wage to at least $15 an hour;
- Ensure all workers get access to the income support they need for as long as they need it - this means full immigration status for all;
- Raise the federal weekly income support from $400 to $500. We can’t survive on less.
To support you in completing this action, we've created a tool that will allow you to phone your MP with just one click! Visit our website and type in your phone number, so our system can call and automatically transfer you to the voicemail of your Member of Parliament. **We've also prepared example speaking points you can use while you deliver your message.
Can’t stop, won’t stop organizing for justice
We need you at our next online organizing meeting: Tuesday, September 15 at 7:00 pm. Please register now by clicking here.
At Tuesday’s meeting we will pull together the threads that will make our movement indivisible. We will link the urgent fight to end deadly anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism with the struggle for decent work in our communities and on post-secondary campuses. We will link the fight to stop climate change with the need to raise wages for low-carbon jobs like child and elder care, and build affordable housing with the highest environmental standards. We will link the urgent need for full immigration status for all to our ability to protect ourselves and our communities.
But to do this, we need to activate more people. Join our next online organizing meeting on September 15 -- and bring a friend! Click here to sign up!
At the meeting, we will be getting action updates from:
- Sarom Rho, organizer with Migrant Workers’ Alliance for Change on the pan-Canadian day of action September 20 (Learn more: https://migrantrights.ca/sep20/)
- Kendall Mar, Fridays for Future organizer, on the global climate strike September 25 (Learn more: https://fridaysforfuture.org/september25/)
- Kien Saningong Azinwi, president of the York Federation of Students on the pan-Canadian strike against anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism September 30 (Sign up here to join the action.)