In your home, workplace and neighborhood
Paid sick days are crucial for the well-being of all families. What better way to mark the holiday than shine a spotlight on the urgency of legislated paid sick days?
This family day weekend, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Fight for $15 and Fairness are joining forces to LIGHT IT UP for paid sick days.
What can you do:
- Visit the Ontario Federation of Labour resource page here for a Paid Sick Days colouring book and more!
- Make a home-made Paid Sick Days Save Lives signs with your kids, or download and print a poster.
- Put your signs and designs up on doors, windows, or post them in your neighbourhoods.
- Snap selfies of your signs with yourself or with your family and post them on social media. Be sure to tag your MPP when you do.
- Light up the phone lines
- Call your Member of Provincial Parliament to demand they support the Paid Sick Days Bill 239 as the first item of business when the legislature resumes. Then ask friends and other family members to do the same.
- Or call into your favourite talk show to help spread the word.
- Light it Up for paid sick days between 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm
- When the sun sets, light a candle, or turn on your porch lights, headlights, flashlights, cell phones, holiday lights, or LED lights and share these images over social media, saying why everyone needs paid sick days.
Feel free to use the following for social media:
#LightitUP for #PaidSickDays because #PaidSickDaysSaveLives
I expect my MPP to support Bill 239, which provides all workers with seven permanent paid sick days and an additional 14 paid sick days during public health outbreaks.