Are you ready to make some noise on Tuesday evening, April 21, to win 21 paid sick days for ALL workers? Sign up now to add your support (click here)!
The biggest thanks we can give frontline workers is to make sure they have protections and decent pay. Every day, between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm communities clap and bang pots to thank essential workers. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we need your help to speak out for 21 paid emergency days: at least 7 paid emergency leave days and an additional 14 days whenever there is an outbreak. Are you in? Sign up here!
HOW TO GET IN ON THE ACTION:
From your window, front porch, balcony or social media account, join us between 7 and 8 PM on Tuesday to demand essential protections for all workers. Here are some tips:
- Print our sign or make your own! Click here to download the "All workers need PAID sick leave" sign, then post it in your window or on your door!
- Chant to have your voice heard. Here's a little inspiration: "Time to rest, time to heal, we all deserve a better deal!" "7, 14, 21 - Paid sick days let's get 'em done!" "What do we want? Paid sick days! When do we want them? NOW!"
- Call the Premier at 416-325-1941 to demand Doug Ford take action now so every worker has the ability to stay home when they are sick. If you need TTY (TeleTypewriting), dial: 1-800-387-5559.
- Chalk your neighbourhood. Get some chalk and hit the sidewalks, courtyards, or cement walls around your apartment or neighbourhood.
POST ONLINE: SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
- Take a selfie or video, and post online! Use the hashtags #PaidSickLeaveSavesLives #COVID19Canada #15andFairness so we can all help share them! We'll be monitoring Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to amplify your photos / videos. Not on any social media? Email us your photos, we'll post them for you!
- Ask your friends and neighbours to join our campaign! They can sign up and sign the petition at www.15andFairness.org
- Spread the word! Share the graphic below to invite your network to join you in taking action between 7:00 and 8:00 pm on Tuesday, April 21 (they can sign up here.)
Thank you for your support! Let's make sure that security guards, grocery store workers, child care workers, taxi and Uber drivers, delivery workers, cleaners, and personal support workers are NOT alone!
Together, we can win these essential protections for ALL.